Anxitane M & L For Dogs
Virbac Anxitane (L-Theanine) Tablets significantly reduce stress related reactions. As a
nutraceutical, it is an attractive alternative to pharmaceuticals for first
intention treatment. It is a safe choice - there are no known side effects and
does not cause drowsiness. There are no known interactions with other
Anxitane Tablets are highly palatable with a 94% acceptance rate in dogs and
Anxitane S and Anxitane M & L Chewable Tablets For Short-Term and Long-Term Use
Anxitane (L-Theanine) Chewable Tablets for dogs and cats promote relaxation
in pets exhibiting nervousness, anxiety or responding to environmentally-induced
stress. Anxitane Tablets are clinically proven to reduce clinical signs
associated with fear and anxiety. Anxitane Tablets are Suntheanine, a pure and
neurologically active L-Theanine in a chewable form.
Anxitane Tablets are particularly useful for long-term use in anxious pets.
Anxitane should be used for at least 60 days to ensure maximum results can be
observed. If pet's condition worsens or does not improve, the pet should be
re-evaluated by a veterinarian.
Situations where Anxitane Tablets could help:
Fear on walks, fear of people, fear of other animals
- Anxiety or stress associated with change in family situation or
- Anxitane reduces anxiety and cohabitation problems in cats
- Episodic fear (grooming, car travel, veterinary visits..)
- Fear of noises (thunderstorms, fireworks....)
- Decrease anxiety, making it easier for animals to learn
- Helps keep pets calm and relaxed. Does not cause drowsiness
How to Recognize an Anxious Pet:
Often show signs of fear
- Shakes, trembles, panting
- Hiding, flight and avoidance
- Growls or barks while backing up
Signs of Anxiety
- Licks one paw continuously
- Panics whenever he/she goes outside
- Can't be left alone
Why is it important to take action as soon as possible?
A pet who experiences frequent anxiety or fear may be suffering
- Because if treatment is delayed, the problem becomes worse over time
- Because stress and anxiety can lead to aggression
- Because the risk of illness is greater (skin, digestive, heart disease,
L-Theanine (Suntheanine). Found naturally in green tea whose calming
properties are well documented. L-Theanine increases GABA (inhibitory
neurotransmitter) levels. GABA regulates neuronal excitation in the
central nervous system (CNS).
Two Sizes for Easy Dosing:
||1/2 tablet twice daily
|Dog less than 22 lbs (10kg)
||1/2 tablet twice daily
|Dog 22.1-55 lbs (10-25kg)
M & L
|1/2 tablet twice daily
|Dog over 55.1 lbs (25kg)
M & L
|1 tablet twice daily
Minimum course of treatment 2 months. The majority of pets will respond
by the second week. For chronic conditions, progressive improvement in behavior is expected over three to six weeks.
For episodic stressful situations such as car rides, fireworks or visitors, doses should be administered 12 hours and again 2 hours before the event. For a prolonged situation, the administration can be repeated every six hours.
While thunderstorms may be considered episodic events, they are often difficult to predict, so regular administration during thunderstorm season with supplementation during the storm could be the best regimen for the pet, paired with behavior modification.
There are no know interactions with other therapeutics. No known side
effects. Has excellent palatability.