Collasate Silver Topical Dressing
PRN Collasate Silver Topical Dressing combines the antibacterial action of silver oxide to fight infection in non-surgical wounds with hydrolyzed collagen for the support of an ideal environment for healing.
The Collasate Silver formula offers a topical antibacterial option to reduce the growth of microbes while enabling the body's own natural healing processes. The molecular structure of Collasate makes it immediately available to the body for healing.
- Normalizes wound moisture levels
- Fights infection and reduces pain
- Provides healing benefits of collagen
- Deodorizes and is odor free
- Conforms to any wound size
- Comes in an easy to apply gel
Collasate Characteristics: reduces pain, tissue adhesive properties, protects the site
and newly formed granulation tissue, soothes and deodorizes, hemostatic
qualities of collagen, promotes natural autolysis by rehydrating and
softening necrotic, tissue and eschar, encouraging autolytic debridement,
provides physiologically favorable environment that encourages healing,
absorbs exudate, conforms to any site, safe to use, non-toxic, biocompatible,
Ingredients: Medical Hydrolysate of Type 1 Collagen, Antibacterial 1% Silver Oxide.
First and Second Degree Burns
Hot Spots/Lick Granulomas
Collasate can be
used on many types of animals, including mammals, birds and reptiles, with no
known side effects. Collasate is non-toxic and has no contraindications.
1. Cleanse the wound with sterile water and leave the wound bed moist. Pat dry the surrounding area.
2. Apply Collasate Silver Gel directly to the wound site (approximately 1/4" thickness).
3. Cover the wound with a non-adherent dressing (Telfa pad).
4. Reapply and redress as needed. Dressing may be moistened with sterile water to ease removal.
Storage: Store at controlled room temperature (59-86°F). Protect from
freezing. Extreme temperatures may affect viscosity but will not affect
If condition worsens or does
not improve within 10-14 days, contact your veterinarian.Packaging: Collasate Silver is available in a
laminate tube containing 7.0 grams of product.