Intra Trac 3 ADT Vaccine
Canine Adenovirus Type
2-Parainfluenza-Bordetella Bronchiseptica Vaccine
Modified Live Virus, Avirulent Live Culture
ADT (Advanced Delivery Technology)
Intra-Trac 3 ADT Vaccine is recommended for use as an aid in
the prevention of disease associated with canine adenovirus type 2,
canine parainfluenza virus and Bordetella
bronchiseptica infection in healthy dogs 3 weeks of age or older. These
agents have been implicated as playing a role in the etiology of the
condition known as canine kennel cough.
WHEN TO VACCINATE
Vaccinate dogs at 3 weeks of age or older. Annual
revaccination is recommended.
PREPARATION OF THE VACCINE
1. Hold the vaccine vial in an upright position. Flip the
top up and pull to the left. The tear-off aluminum seal is connected to the
flip top and will be easily removed. Remove, but do not discard the rubber
2. Hold the nasal applicator in an upright position and pull
off the tip.
3. Carefully insert the tip of the nasal applicator into the
upright vaccine vial.
4. Gently squeeze the diluent out of the nasal applicator
into the vaccine vial. Do not discard the nasal applicator.
5. Replace the rubber stopper on the vaccine vial and shake
gently until the vaccine is fully rehydrated.
6. Remove the rubber stopper from the vaccine vial and
insert the end of the nasal applicator into the upright vaccine vial.
7. Gently squeeze and release the nasal applicator so that
the rehydrated vaccine is drawn back into the nasal applicator.
8. While holding the nasal applicator in an upright
position, slide a nasal applicator tip over the end of the nasal applicator.
9. The vaccine is now ready for use.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
The recommended dose is 0.5 mL of rehydrated vaccine
administered intranasally. The vaccine is instilled using an applicator tip.
By gently squeezing the body of the nasal applicator, squirt the rehydrated
vaccine into one or both nostrils or the dog.
1. THIS PRODUCT IS DESIGNED FOR INTRANASAL
USE ONLY WITH THE ENCLOSED DILUENT. Systemic reactions resulting from
inadvertent intramuscular or subcutaneous injection have been reported.
Symptoms may include vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, inappetence, jaundice and
death associated with liver failure. Localized tissue necrosis at the
injection site has also been reported. If inadvertent injection occurs,
monitor the dog closely. Supportive therapy including IV fluids and
treatment with gentamicin, tetracycline or trimethoprim/sulfa may be
indicated. If anaphylactoid reaction occurs, use epinephrine.
2. Post vaccinal reactions consisting of mild canine cough
syndrome may occur following use of this vaccine.
3. For veterinary use only. Store at 2° to 7°C (35° to
45°F). Do not freeze. Use entire contents when first opened. Burn all nasal
applicators, vaccine vials and all unused contents.
4. This vaccine contains penicillin, streptomycin and
nystatin as preservatives.
For use in dogs only.
FOR INTRANASAL USE ONLY