Advantus Soft Chew Oral Flea Treatment
Advantus Oral Flea Treatment by Bayer
is a flavored soft chew that kills adult fleas and is indicated for the treatment of flea infestations on dogs and puppies 10 weeks of age and older, and weighing 4 lbs and over. Advantus starts to kill fleas within 1 hour, and achieves greater than 96% effectiveness against adult fleas within 4 hours.
- Can safely repeat treatment as often as once per day
- Suitable option for dogs with food allergies - contains no animal protein
- Savory meat flavor soft chew
- Does not protect against ticks and mosquitoes
You should weigh your dog before giving Advantus to make sure the right size is being given. Do not give to puppies younger than 10 weeks of age and weighing less than 4 lbs. Do not give more than one tablet a day.
- 4 to 22 lbs :: Give one Soft Chew - 7.5 mg Imidacloprid
- 23 to 110 lbs :: Give One Soft Chew - 37.5 mg Imidacloprid
To give Advantus, place the soft chew directly in your dog's mouth or allow you dog to take the soft chew from your hand. Watch closely to ensure your dog swallows the soft chew.
Fleas reproduce rapidly and a single female flea can lay over 2,000 eggs over her lifetime. Eggs can hatch and grow into adults in only three weeks. Adult fleas feed by ingesting your dog's blood, and lay eggs in the coat, which then fall off into the surroundings continuing the life cycle. When new fleas re-infest your pet, treat with Advantus.Available Sizes:
- Advantus Soft Chew 7.5 mg For Dogs 4 to 22 lbs :: 7 and 30 count
- Advantus Soft Chew 37.5 mg For Dogs 23 to 110 lbs :: 7 and 30 count
Bayer Animal Health