AlphaTRAK 2 Blood Glucose Test Strips
AlphaTRAK 2 Veterinary Blood Glucose Test Strips are accurate,
easy to use, requires a tiny blood sample, provides results in seconds,
and is made specifically for dogs and cats.
- AlphaTRAK 2 Test Strips work with both AlphaTRAK and AlphaTRAK 2 Meters.
- AlphaTRAK 2 Test Strip requires only 0.3 uL of blood.
- Angled sample area makes it easy to position the target area on your pet to the blood drop.
- Sample tab is designed to break the meniscus of the blood sample to allow for fast wicking.
- Automatically turns the meter on and off for quicker testing.
- The test only starts when the strip has enough blood. More blood
could be added to the same side of the AlphaTRAK 2 test strip for up to
AlphaTRAK 2 Blood Glucose Test Strips will work for both AlphaTRAK Meters and AlphaTRAK 2 Meters
How to do the test:
1. Set Up- Put a strip in the meter. Press the
"m" button to turn the meter on. Make sure the code matches the code printed on
the test strip vial label. If the code does not match , see your user guide for
how to code the meter.
NOTE: Use CODE DOG for testing dog blood and
use CODE CAT for testing cat blood.
2. Do the test- Use the AlphaTRAK lancet to
obtain the correct size blood drop. Refer to the User Guide or veterinarian for
When the prompt to apply the sample appears on
the screen, lance the site you have chosen, and obtain a blood sample about the
size of a pinhead.
Gently touch only one edge of the test strip to
the blood sample. You may fill the test strip from either side, but not both
sides. When the strip is full, the meter will "beep" or you will see the moving
lines or arrows on the display.
Do not pres the edge of the strip against the
test site. Do not put the sample on top of the sample target area.
3. Read Results- Results are displayed in an
average of 15 seconds. The test time may vary depending on the blood glucose
level. The results will be stored in the meter memory. Results are displayed as
mg/dL (milligrams per deciliter of blood).
See your AlphaTRAK 2 Blood Glucose Monitoring
System User Guide for a detailed guide on how to do the test.
- Use only the AlphaTRAK 2 Blood Glucose Meter
with AlphaTRAK 2 Blood Glucose Test Strips.
- Be sure that the code on the meter display
screen matches the code on the test strip vial for dog or cat. If it does
not match, see the User Guide for how to code the meter.
- Fill the strip from only one side of the
- The test strips are for single use only.
Do not reuse test strips.
- Do not use test strips that are beyond
their expiration date. Check the test strip vial for the discard date.
- Avoid exposing test strips to extreme
- Check meter and test strip performance
regularly using the AlphaTRAK Control Solution.
- Blood glucose test results are shown on
the meter as mg/dL.
Normal Glucose Values:
Consult a licensed veterinarian for the target
glucose values for each animal.
Low Glucose Values:
The AlphaTRAK Meter displays results between 20
and 500 mg/dL. If the test result is lower than 20, "LOW" (LO) will appear on
the meter display. This indicated severe low blood glucose. You should
immediately treat high blood glucose as recommended by a licensed veterinarian.
High Glucose Values:
If the test result is above 500 mg/dL, "HIGH"
(HI) will appear on the meter display screen. This indicated severe high blood
glucose. You should immediately treat high blood glucose as recommended by a
Low or high blood glucose readings can indicate
a potentially serious medical condition. If the blood glucose level is unusually
low or high, or if the animal does not show symptoms consistent with the
results, repeat the test with a new test strip. If the reading is not consistent
with any symptoms or if the blood glucose results, repeat the test with a new
test strip. If the reading is not consistent with any symptoms or if the blood
glucose result is less than 80 mg/dL for dogs and less than 100 mg/dL for cats
or higher than 250 mg/dL for dogs and higher than 300 mg/dL for cats, you should
contact your veterinarian.
The AlphaTRAK 2 Blood Glucose Test Strips give
accurate results when the following limitations are observed.
1. The test strips are for single use only. Do
not reuse test strips.
2. Clean the site and dry thoroughly before
3. Use fresh, whole blood from the site you
have selected to test.
4. There is no effect from altitude up to
10,400 feet above sea level.
For in vitro diagnostic use (outside the
Low or high blood glucose readings can indicate
a potentially serious medical condition. If the blood glucose reading is
unusually low or high repeat the test with a new test strip. If the reading is
not consistent with any visible symptoms or if the blood glucose level is less
than 80 mg/dL for dog's and less than 100 mg/dL for cats or higher than 250 mg/dL
for dogs and higher than 300 mg/dL for cats, you should contact a licensed
veterinarian and follow his or her treatment advice.
All devices contaminated with blood should be
disposed of properly. Veterinarian professional should follow their
institution's infection control protocols.
Do not use the test strips beyond the
expiration date printed on the package since this may cause inaccurate results.
Storage and Handling:
- Store the test package in a dry place
between 38°F TO 86°F. Use test strips only within the system operating
temperature range as outlined in your user guide.
- Store away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Use each strip immediately after removing
it from the vial.
- Store your test strips in their original
vial only. The cap or vial contains drying agents to protect the test
strips. Do not transfer test strips. Do not transfer test strips to a new
vial or any other container.
- After removing a test strip from the vial,
replace the vial cap immediately and close it tightly.
- Do not bend, cut, or alter a AlphaTRAK 2
Test Strip in any way.
- With clean, dry hands, you may gently
tough the test strips anywhere when removing it from the vial or inserting
it into the meter.
Keep the test strips away from children. The
cap may be a choking hazard. The cap or vial contains drying agents to protect
the test strips. Drying agents may be harmful if inhaled or swallowed and may
cause skin or eye irritation.
Rx Medication Sold Only To Licensed Veterinarians & Pharmacies. Current License Must Be On File Prior To Shipping.