Frontline Gold For Dogs
MERIAL FRONTLINE GOLD for dogs and puppies provides your dog with the most complete spot-on flea and tick protection. In addition to killing 98-100% of adult fleas on your dog within 24 hours, FRONTLINE GOLD contains two special ingredients that kills flea eggs and larvae too, and keeps ALL stages of fleas from developing. By effectively stopping the development of new fleas, FRONTLINE GOLD completely breaks the flea life cycle. FRONTLINE GOLD also kills all stages of 4 major ticks including those that may transmit Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever.
For Dogs and Puppies 8 weeks or older
Convenient spot treatment for fast -acting, long-lasting, triple action control of fleas, flea eggs, ticks and chewing lice.
- Stops and prevents infestations
- Kills adult fleas, flea eggs, and flea larvae
- Prevents all flea stages (eggs, larvae, pupae) from developing
- Kills fleas which may cause flea allergy dermatitis
- Kills all stages of deer ticks (which may carry Lyme disease), brown dog ticks, American dog ticks, and lone star ticks
- Prevents and controls reinfestations
- Rapidly eliminates infestations with chewing lice
- Aids in control of sarcoptic mange infestations
- Can also be used on breeding, pregnant and lactating bitches
Frontline Gold for Dogs contains fipronil and the insect growth regulator (IGR) (S)-methoprene. Frontline Gold effectively targets all stages of fleas. Fipronil collects in the oils of the skin and hair follicles, and continues to be released from hair follicles onto the skin and coat, resulting in long-lasting activity against fleas, ticks and chewing lice.
- Fipronil . . . 9.8%
- (S)-methoprene . . . 8.8%
- Pyriproxyben . . . 0.25%
- Other Ingredients . . . 81.15%
What is the difference between Frontline Gold and Frontline Plus?
Frontline Gold contains an additional IGR ingredient, pyriproxyfen, which helps to kill flea eggs and larvae more effectively.
Directions For Use
Do not allow children to apply product. To prevent harm to you and your pet, read entire label and directions before each use. Follow all directions and precautionary statements carefully. Use on dogs only. Do not use on cats, rabbits or other animals. Do not exceed recommended dosage amount for dogs. Do not apply more than one tube to dogs. Do not reapply Frontline Gold for Dogs for 30 days. This product can be used on dogs and puppies 8 weeks or older.
Keep cats away from dogs for 24 hour
- Remove one applicator tube from the package and hold in an upright position pointed away from your face.
- Twist dispensing tip clockwise about 1/2 turn while pushing down to break the tube’s seal. Do not remove the dispensing tip.
- Position the dispensing tip on the dog’s back between the shoulder blades. Use the dispensing tip of the tube to part the dog’s hair so that the product will be applied at skin level. Begin squeezing out the contents of the tube to form a stripe as you move from the shoulder blades along the dog’s back to the base of the tail.
- Repeat every month.
Monitor your dogs after application. Side effects may include signs of skin irritation such as redness, scratching, or other signs of discomfort, Gastrointestinal signs of vomiting or diarrhea have also been reported.
Frontline Gold for Dogs 3 and 6 monthly doses for weights 5-22 lbs, 23-44 lbs, 45-88 lbs and 89-132 lbs.