Digestive Health & Probiotic Supplement
Vetoquinol Pro-Pectalin Tablets for dogs and cats is formulated to help maintain a balanced microbial flora and promote intestinal health. Pro-Pectalin helps maintain proper gut pH, supports normal digestive function and aids in reducing occasional loose stools due to environmental stress or changes in diet.
Enterococcus faecium is thought to:
- Enterococcus faecium, which is part of the normal intestinal flora
- Microencapsulation to help protect the bacteria against low pH stomach acids
- Kaolin, which soothes irritated intestines and absorbs water and excess bacterial toxins
- Pectin, which absorbs water and helps firm stool
Pro-Pectalin is intended to help resolve diarrhea that may be caused by stress, antibiotic administration, change in diet or other simple, non-life threatening forms of diarrhea. The combination of ingredients in Pro-Pectalin is designed to help stop your pet's diarrhea, soothe irritated intestines and restore the normal balance of intestinal bacteria. Kaolin, a type of clay, soothes irritated intestines, absorbs water, and absorbs any excess bacterial toxins which may be produced when your pet has diarrhea. By absorbing water, kaolin helps to firm stool. The soothing action of kaolin will help make your pet feel better. Pectin is a form of fiber found in fruit. It helps to absorb water and firm stool. The beneficial bacteria found in Pro-Pectalin are freeze dried, microencapsulated Enterococcus faecium, which is part of the normal intestinal flora. Microencapsulation helps the bacteria survive in the very acidic environment of the stomach and move into the intestines. Once in the intestines, the bacteria will help restore the population of normal bacteria an eliminate bad bacteria by competing with bad bacteria for space and nutrients. Eliminating bad bacteria and restoring the population of good bacteria will help to restore normal intestinal function and eliminate diarrhea.
- Displace pathogenic bacteria from intestinal attachment sites
- Compete with pathogenic bacteria for nutrients
- Product bacterocins, compounds thought to be directly toxic to pathogenic bacteria
Active Ingredients: Kaolin, Pectin and Enterococcus faecium
Directions for Use:
Administer orally. Tablets may be given whole or crumbled and given at meal time. Give one tablet per 20 lbs of body weight every 8 hours.