Advantage II For DogsOnce-A-Month Topical Flea Prevention and
Treatment for Dogs
For Use ONLY on Dogs 8 Weeks and OlderPrevention and Treatment of Flea and Lice
Infestations on Dogs
- Kills all flea life stages
- Controls existing flea infestations on your cat and prevents further infestations
- Kills fleas within 12 hours of application
- Convenient, easy to apply topical solution
The successive feeding activity of fleas on dogs frequently may elicit a hypersensitivity skin disorder known as flea allergy dermatitis (FAD) or flea bite hypersensitivity. Treatment of dogs with Advantage II rapidly kills fleas and reduces the incidence of this condition.
Advantage II kills the existing fleas on dogs within 12 hours. Reinfesting fleas are killed within 2 hours with protection against further flea infestation lasting for four (4) weeks. Pre-existing pupae in the environment may continue to emerge for six (6) weeks or longer depending upon the climatic conditions.
Fleas, eggs and larvae in the dog's surroundings are killed following contact with an Advantage II treated cat. Advantage II provides multi-stage flea control effectively breaking all flea life-cycle stages for quick and lasting control of flea populations.
Advantage II kills adult fleas quickly within 12 hours, inhibits the development of immature flea life stages and prevents them from reaching the biting adult stage.
Advantage II is waterproof and remains effective following a shampoo treatment or after exposure to rain or sunlight.
Apply monthly treatments for optimal control and prevention of fleas.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
HOW TO OPEN
1. Being careful not to cut close to the blister cavities, take scissors and cut off one section of the card containing a single tube.
2. Take the separated section, and cut into the blister cavity across the small side, close to the cap of the tube.
3. Peel off the foil, and take out the tube.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 for each tube.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Use only on dogs. Do not use on other animals.
2. Remove one applicator tube from the package.
3. Hold applicator tube in an upright position. Pull cap off tube.
4. Turn the cap around and place other end of cap back on tube.
5. Twist cap to break seal, then remove cap from tube.
Sizes 10 lbs. and under, and 11-20 lbs.:
6. The dog should be standing for easy application. Part the hair on the dog's back, between the shoulder blades, until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze the tube to expel the entire contents directly on the skin.
Do not get this product in your pet's eyes or mouth.
Sizes 21-55 lbs. and Over 55 lbs.:
6. The dog should be standing for easy application. Apply the entire contents of the tube evenly to three or four spots on the top of the back from the shoulder to the base of the tail. At each spot, part the hair until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and gently squeeze to expel a portion of the solution on the skin. Do not apply an excessive amount of solution at any one spot that could cause some of the solution to run off the side of the dog.
Do not get this product in your pet's eyes or mouth.
7. Discard empty tube as described in Storage and Disposal.
8. Under normal conditions the product is effective for a month. However, in case of severe flea infestation, retreatment may be necessary earlier than four weeks. Do not retreat more often than once every seven (7) days. After flea control is obtained, return to a monthly retreatment schedule.
% By Weight
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
See below for First Aid and Precautionary Statements
HAZARDS TO HUMANS: Harmful if swallowed. Causes
moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Wash hands
thoroughly with soap and warm water after handling.
HAZARDS TO DOMESTIC ANIMALS
For external use only. Do not use on puppies
under 7 weeks of age. As with any product, consult your veterinarian before
using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing animals. Individual
sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using ANY pesticide product for pets.
If signs persist, or become more severe, consult a
veterinarian immediately. If your animal is on medication, consult your
veterinarian before using this or any other product.
Have the product container or label with you when
calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment.
If swallowed: Call poison control center or
doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a glass of water if
able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by the poison
control center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious
If in eyes: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and
gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after
the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a poison control center or
doctor for treatment advice.
If on skin: Wash with plenty of soap and water.
To Physician: Treat the patient symptomatically.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or
Pesticide Storage: Store in a cool, dry
Pesticide Disposal and Container Handling:
ADVANTAGE II Small Dog
79145896 - Four 0.014 fl oz (0.4 mL) Tubes
79145896 - Six 0.014 fl oz (0.4 mL) Tubes
ADVANTAGE II Medium Dog
79147880 - Four 0.034 fl oz (1.0 mL) Tubes
79147880 - Six 0.034 fl oz (1.0 mL) Tubes
ADVANTAGE II Large Dog
79147899 - Four 0.084 fl oz (2.5 mL) Tubes
79147899 - Six 0.084 fl oz (2.5 mL) Tubes
ADVANTAGE II Extra Large Dog
79147856 - Four 0.135 fl oz (4.0 mL) Tubes
79147856 - Six 0.135 fl oz (4.0 mL) Tubes