AlphaTRAK Blood Glucose Monitoring System
AlphaTRAK Blood Glucose Monitor is calibrated specifically for dog and cats. To get accurate blood glucose readings on your diabetic dog or cat, you must use a blood glucose monitor made specifically for dogs and cats.
- Calibrated for Dogs and Cats
- Easy to Use
- Accurate Results
Humans, dogs, and cats all have different makeups of blood, specifically
the difference in the ratios of glucose in plasma and red blood cells.
While dogs have 87.5% of glucose in plasma and cats have 93%, humans
only have 58%. This is significantly lower. If you use a human meter on a
dog or cat, it assumes human glucose distribution in blood to calculate
glucose levels, which may result in underestimation of blood glucose
concentrations and inaccurate readings.
Veterinarians depend on accurate blood glucose measurements to manage canine and feline diabetes. To ensure accuracy, a portable blood glucose meter must be calibrated and validated for species-specific blood.
Veterinarians depend on accurate blood glucose measurements to
manage canine and feline diabetes. To ensure accuracy, a portable blood
glucose meter must be calibrated and validated for species-specific
The AlphaTRAK Meter requires the world's smallest blood sample.
An accurate blood glucose can be obtained in four simple steps.
1. Insert the test strip.
2. Press the "m" button to power on the meter.
3. As the device powers on, it will display a code. The code
displayed MUST match the dog or cat code listed on the test strip
4. Change the code, if necessary, by pressing the "m" button to
scroll down and "c" button to scroll up. Touch one sample area of the test strip to the blood sample (see
right). Within 15 seconds, results will appear on the display
Benefits of the AlphaTRAK Blood Glucose Meter
- Accurate blood glucose measurements for cats and dogs.
- Optimized treatment regimens.
- Ability to make clinical decisions on the spot.
- Designed for in-clinic and home use.
- Clinic and pet owner education materials are available from an Abbott
Animal Health representative.
Rx Medication Sold Only To Licensed Veterinarians & Pharmacies. Current License Must Be On File Prior To Shipping.