Cholodin For Dogs
Choline, Amino Acids, Vitamins & Minerals For Senior Pets
Cholodin by MVP Laboratories is the original choline-loading supplement formulated for geriatric canine and feline patients. Cholodin contains choline, amino acids, vitamins and minerals in a chewable tablet. May aid senior pets in the improvement of hearing, memory, muscle tone, alertness, hair coat and more.
Occasionally, senior dogs and cats display clinical signs unexplained by a specific illness, including:
- Lethargy and reduced awareness of surroundings
- Poor coat, excessive shedding or thin, dry coat
- Chronic constipation or fecal incontinence
- Inappropriate urination
- Poor appetite or eating too little to maintain an appropriate normal body weight
- Poor mental acuity
Cholodin contains sources of choline and phosphatidylcholine, two of the most common phospholipids. When present in sufficient dietary quantities, these components act as neurotransmitter precursors, which are chemicals manufactured and released by nerve cells that initiate the sending of "messages" from those cells. Choline has four major functions:
Cholodin may aid in the improvement of:
- Significant dietary factor in preventing fatty liver syndrome diabetic dogs
- Can "donate" methyl groups (CH3) needed to synthesize4 other metabolic compounds
- Necessary for acetylcholine formation
- Component of the phospholipid, lecithin along with being a constituent of plamalogens, which are abundant in mitochondria and sphingomyelin, boud particularly in the brain
- Muscle Tone
- Hair Coat
- Other Aging Signs in the Senior Pet
Dosage and Administration:The tablets may be fed by hand or crumbled and mixed with food.
- Small Dogs [25 lbs or less] . . . 1/2 tablet per day
- Medium Dogs [25-50 lbs] . . . 1 tablet per day
- Large Dogs [over 50 lbs] . . . 2 tablets per day
Guaranteed Analysis per Tablet:
- Amino Acids: DL -Methionine 55 mg
- Minerals: Zinc 7.2 mg, Selenium 0.02 mg
- Vitamins and Others: Vitamin E 5 IU; Thiamine 1.5 mg; Riboflavin 1.5 mg; Pantothenic Acid 1 mg; Niacin 5 mg; Pyridoxine 1 mg; Vitamin B12 2.0 mcg; Choline 40 mg; Inositol 40 mg
Lactose, lecithin,powdered cellulose, silicon dioxide, choline chloride, dl-methionine, inositol, animal liver meal (pork), dried beans, magnesium stearate, torula dried yeast, dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate, zinc oxide, thiamine mononitrate, niacinamide, riboflavin, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hcl, sodium selenite, Vitamin B12 supplement.
Side Effects: Infrequently, animals on a choline loading regime will show signs of increased neurological activity such as hyperactivity, social agitation, muscular twitching, etc. If these signs are seen, cessation of tablet or powder administration will quickly result in the disappearance of these signs. After a period of three or four days, the animal may be started again on the same dosage, usually with no adverse reaction.
Presentation: Cholodin Canine Chewable Tablets: 50, 180 and 500 count bottles; Cholodin Fel Chewable Tablets: 50 count bottle