DOUXO Calm Shampoo
Ceva DOUXO Calm Shampoo for dogs and cats is recommended for the topical management of pruritus (itching) and inflammation associated with skin allergic conditions. The soap-free shampoo formulation has a soothing low-lathering action containing hinokitiol and phytosphingosine for allergic dermatitis. Contains highly purified fractions of oatmeal, plant extracts, and lipids to help calm irritations, moisturize and restore the skin lipid content.
Lathering solution is formulated with gentle hypoallergenic cleansing bases, phytosphingosine salicyloyl, hinokitiol, raspberry seed oil, allantoin and Lipidure C. Fragrance free and paraben free.
Features of Key Ingredients:
- Helps interrupt the recurring cycle of pruritis (itching)
- Helps offer relief from skin inflammation
- Helps restore the natural skin barrier
- Phytosphingosine HCl 0.05% is a modified pro-ceramide with anti-inflammatory and anti-seborrheic properties.
- Pseudofilaggrin (Saccharomyces cerevisiae extract): Glutamine-rich synthetic peptide that increases the ability of the skin to retain water.
- Avenanthramides (avena sativa (oat) kernal extract): A highly purified fraction of oatmeal extract that is rich in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- SK-influx V: A combination of phytosphingosine, ceramides 1,3 &6, cholesterol, and free fatty acids to moisturize and hep restore the protective barrier of the skin.
- Hinokitiol is a natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agent. It helps control, the skin ecosystem in case of inflammation.
- Raspberry seed oil brings the essential fatty acids necessary to the restoration of the skin. It is also rich in tocopherols which are known for their antioxidant properties.
- Allantoin is a natural moisturizing and healing agent.
- Lipidure C is a copolymer of phosphatidyicholine. It forms a hydro-gel on the surface of the skin and hair, thus restoring moisture and providing a chemical and physical barrier.
The association of these actives in DOUXO Calm Shampoo helps reduce skin inflammation, restore the skin barrier function and control the local flora.
Directions For Use:
DOUXO Calm Shampoo is clinically proven to reduce pruritis (itching) in atopic dermatitis in dogs within 20 days.
Wet the animal with warm water and apply DOUXO Calm Shampoo extensively on the fur to create a rich lather. Massage the shampoo into the wet hair coat, lather freely. Allow to remain on the hair coat for 10 minutes before rinsing thoroughly with clean water. Repeat if needed. Veterinarian’s recommendations should be observed.
It is generally recommended to shampoo 2 to 3 times weekly, for the first 1 to 2 weeks. Then for effective control of the
condition one should utilize DOUXO® Calm Micro-emulsion Spray.
To facilitate the use of the product, bottles can be stored upside down.
Prime the pump by depressing several times. For further use, depress the pump slowly until you have dispensed
the quantity you desire. One full pump is usually sufficient to shampoo a medium-sized dog (30 lbs to 50 lbs).
Can be used alongside DOUXO Calm Mousse or DOUXO Calm Micro-emulsion Spray.
Precaution: Avoid contact with the eyes.