WHEN TO VACCINATE
Vaccinate dogs intranasally at 3 weeks of age or older. Annual revaccination with one dose is recommended. Following the advice of the American Veterinary Medical Association on Vaccination Principles, an appropriate revaccination program for individual animals should be made based upon veterinarian-client-patient relationships.
PREPARATION OF THE VACCINE
1. Hold the vaccine vial in an upright position. Flip the top up and pull to the left. The tear-off aluminum seal is connected to the flip top and will be easily removed. Remove, but do not discard the rubber stopper.
2. Hold the nasal applicator in the upright position. If the diluent is visible in the neck portion of the nasal applicator, gently tap the applicator to force the diluent into the chamber. Hold the applicator by the neck and pull off the tip.
3. Once the tip has been removed, carefully insert the neck of the nasal applicator into the upright vaccine vial.
4. Gently squeeze the diluent out of the nasal applicator into the vaccine vial. Do not discard the nasal applicator.
5. Replace the rubber stopper on the vaccine vial and shake gently until the vaccine is fully rehydrated.
6. Remove the rubber stopper from the vaccine vial and insert the neck of the nasal applicator into the upright vaccine vial.
7. Gently squeeze and release the nasal applicator so that the rehydrated vaccine is drawn back into the nasal applicator.
8. While holding the nasal applicator in an upright position, slide a nasal disk over the neck of the nasal applicator.
9. The vaccine is now ready to use.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
The recommended dose is 0.5 mL of rehydrated vaccine administered intranasally. The vaccine is instilled using a nasal disk. By gently squeezing the body of the nasal applicator, squirt the rehydrated vaccine into one or both nostrils of the dog.
1. THIS PRODUCT IS DESIGNED FOR INTRANASAL USE ONLY WITH THE ENCLOSED DILUENT. Systemic reactions resulting from inadvertent intramuscular or subcutaneous injection have been reported. Symptoms may include vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, inappetence, jaundice and death associated with liver failure. Localized tissue necrosis at the injection site has also been reported. If inadvertent injection occurs, monitor the dog closely. Supportive therapy including IV fluids and treatment with gentamicin, tetracycline, trimethoprim/sulfa, or amoxicillin/clavulanic acid may be indicated. If anaphylactoid reaction occurs, use epinephrine.
2. Post vaccinal reactions consisting of mild canine cough may occur following use of this vaccine.
3. For veterinary use only. Store at 2° - 7°C (35° - 45°F). Use entire contents when first opened. Burn all nasal applicators, vaccine vials and all unused contents.
4. This vaccine contains penicillin, streptomycin and nystatin as preservatives.
For veterinary use in dogs only.
FOR INTRANASAL USE ONLY.