Purina Veterinary Diets CC CardioCare
Advanced Nutrition to Support Cardiac Function in Dogs
Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets CC CardioCare Canine Formula offers advanced nutritional support of cardiac function in dogs. Diet contains a Cardiac Protection Blend composed of amino acids and fatty acids (omega-3 and medium-chain triglycerides), minerals and vitamin E. Mitral valve disease is the most common heart disease in dogs and accounts for approximately 75% of heart disease cases in North America. Purina Pro Plan CC CardioCare provides nutritional management for dogs with early stage mitral valve disease.
- Slows the progression of mitral valve disease at early stages
- Helps stabilize mitral regurgitation in dogs with early stage mitral valve disease
- Helps reduce left atrial enlargement associated with early stage mitral valve disease
- High protein content to help maintain ideal body condition and lean body mass
- Great taste
- Mitral Valve Disease
- Early Stages B1 and B2
- Advanced Stages C and D (congestive heart failure)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Conditions benefiting from moderate sodium reduction
Ingredients (Dry): Oat meal, corn gluten meal, rice, chicken meal, beef fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols, natural flavor, vegetable oil (source of medium-chain triglycerides), cassava root flour, dried beet pulp, potato protein, powdered cellulose, fish meal, fish oil, mono and dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, L-Lysine monohydrochloride, DL-Methionine, potassium chloride, magnesium sulfate, potassium sorbate (a preservative), L-Arginine, salt, Vitamin E supplement, taurine, L-Cysteine, glycine, choline chloride, zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (Vitamin C), niacin (Vitamin B-3), manganese sulfate, Vitamin A supplement, soybean oil, calcium pantothenate (Vitamin B-5), thiamine mononitrate (Vitamin B-1), Vitamin B-12 supplement, copper sulfate, riboflavin supplement (Vitamin B-2), pyridoxine hydrochloride (Vitamin B-6), preserved with mixed-tocopherols, garlic oil, folic acid, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (Vitamin K), calcium iodate, biotin (Vitamin B-7), Vitamin D-3 supplement, sodium selenite.
- Medium-Chain Triglycerides: Readily absorbed and digested to provide an alternative energy source for the heart
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Fish oil can help reduce inflammatory mediators, improve cardiac cachexia, and reduce frequency of certain cardiac arrthythmias
- Lysine, Methionine: Precursors for carnitine, which transports long-chain fatty acids into mitochondria for energy production
- Vitamin E: Antioxidant to combat increased oxidative stress in heart disease
- Taurine: Maintains heart muscle contractility, antioxidant properties
- Vitamins A and E support a healthy immune system
Bags of 8 and 20 lbs.