Thundershirt Dog Anxiety Treatment Wrap
XX-Small, Chest Size 9"-13", under 7 lbs
Thundershirts For Dogs has a patent-pending design, Thundershirt’s gentle, constant pressure has a dramatic calming effect for most dogs if they are anxious, fearful or over-excited. Based on surveys completed by over two thousand customers, over 80% of dogs show significant improvement in symptoms when using Thundershirt. Thundershirt is already helping tens of thousands of dogs around the world, and is recommended by thousands of veterinarians and dog trainers.
As for WHY Thundershirt’s gentle pressure works to calm a dog, experts such as Dr. Temple Grandin believe that pressure has a calming effect on the nervous system. Using pressure to relieve anxiety has been a common practice for years. For example:
- TTouch dog trainers use pressure to address a wide variety of anxieties.
- Veterinarians use pressure to relax cattle when they are administering vaccinations.
- People with autism use pressure to relieve their persistent anxiety.
- Children with certain behavioral problems use pressure shirts and weighted vests to relax and focus.
- Parents use swaddling to calm an inconsolable newborn infant.
Until now, there just hasn’t been a well-designed, inexpensive pressure wrap commonly used for dog anxiety. Thundershirt is changing that! Thousands of veterinarians and dog trainers now recommend Thundershirts for their anxiety cases.
Thundershirts are recommended for dogs experiencing anxiety in fearful or stressful situations.
- Visits to veterinarian, groomer or kennel
- Separation anxiety
- Noise anxiety
- Training tool to help dogs focus on training exercises
- During times of hyperactivity and excitability - walking on a leash, visitors or riding in a car
Thundershirt Sizing Chart
For selecting the correct size, your dog's chest size is the best measurement to use. If not available, your dog's weight may be used as a guideline.
|XXS||9"-13.5"||< 7 lbs.|
|XXL||38"-50"||> 110 lbs.|