UT Strength Feline Pro Chews
Supports Urinary Tract Health
VetriScience UT Strength Feline Pro has been formulated to support a strong and healthy urinary tract, as well as addressing the emotional state of the cat.. Stress may be a contributing factor to urinary tract distress in cats. Chicken liver-flavored for high palatability and ease of dosing.
Ingredients of Interest:
- Cats predisposed to urinary tract distress causes by stress
- Male and senior cats, which are more prone to urinary tract issues.
- D-Mannose is a natural occurring simple sugar that removes "bad" bacteria by attachment and voiding. It's absorbed eight times slower than glucose and, when ingested, is not converted to glycogen or stored in the liver
but, rather, goes directly into the blood stream from the kidneys to the bladder. The bacteria displaced by Mannose is responsible for 80-90% of UTIs, whereas antibiotic treatment may cause an imbalance in the normal flora.
N-Acetyl Glucosamine or NAG is an important form of glucosamine found in the body. It is the form that is used for
the production of glycoproteins. The glycoprotein layer in the mucosal lining of the urinary tract has a high content of NAG. This layer of mucosal cells is the protective barrier against acids and bacteria, and it is replaced every 3-4 days. Due to
this high cell turnover rate the G.I. tract requires increased amounts of NAG to support structural integrity and functionality.
Bromelain, corn silk, cranberry powder and probiotics support a normal inflammatory response and a healthy UT environment.
- Colostrum Calming Complex is shown to have a positive effect on emotional states in stressful situations. Cats may be less prone to UT challenges by maintaining a healthy emotional state.
- L-Theanine supports calming and relaxation as well as reduction of irritability.
Thiamine (Vitamin B1) helps manage stress and reduce irritability. Thiamine has been shown to balance the central nervous system to help calm and soothe anxious animals.
- GanedenBC30 (Bacillus coagulans GBI-30, 6086) is a gram-positive, spore-forming, lactic acid producing strain of Bacillus coagulans with the ability to:
- Maintain proper biodiversity (variety of all the strains) in the small and large bowel
Support proper digestion by producing a wide spectrum of enzymes
- Utilize undigested carbohydrates and lipids in the small bowel
Help regulate gut-associated cytokine activity
- Cranberry powder contains proanthocyanidins, or
PCOs, that neutralize free radicals and help prevent
the adherence of pathogenic bacteria to the cells that
line the bladder and urinary tract. Cranberry has also
been used as a urine deodorizer as it decreases the
strong smell of ammonia.
Directions for Use:
Give 1 chew twice daily
Active Ingredients per chew:
- N-Acetyl-Glucosamine (Shrimp and Crab) - 100 mg
- D-Mannose - 100 mg
- Proprietary Calming Blend
(Thiamine (Vitamin B1), Colostrum Calming Complex® Biopeptide Blend and L-Theanine) -88 mg
- Cranberry Powder50 mg
Bromelain - 50 mg
- Corn Silk - 30 mg
- GanedenBC30 (Bacillus coagulans, GBI-30, 6086)
Brewers yeast, calcium sulfate, canola oil, citric acid, glycerin, hydrolyzed chicken liver flavor, maltodextrin, mixed tocopherols, oat flour, propionic acid, rosemary extract, silicon dioxide, sodium alginate, soy lecithin, vegetable oil.
VetriScience Pro line Products: Sales Are Restricted to Veterinarians Only