Para/Defense Advanced For Dogs
Para/Defense Advanced For Dogs is a once-a-month topical flea, tick and mosquito prevention and treatment for dogs 7 weeks and older. ParaDefense Advanced is comparable to K9 Advantix II, having the same ingredients and activity against fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, biting flies and lice.
For the Prevention and Treatment of Flea Infestations on Dogs
- Repels and kills all flea life stages
- Effective targets all life stages of fleas and ticks
- Controls existing flea infestations on your dog and prevents further infestations for a month
- Kills fleas within 12 hours of application
- Repels and kills mosquitoes for up to four weeks
- Repels bothersome biting flies
- Kills chewing lice
- Repels and kills ticks, including Deer ticks (vector of Lyme Disease), American dog ticks (vector of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever), Brown dog ticks (vector of Ehrlichiosis) and Long Start ticks (vector of Ehrlichiosis) for up to four weeks
- Convenient, easy to apply topical solution
- Waterproof - remains effective following bathing and/or swimming
The successive feeding activity of fleas on dogs frequently may elicit a hypersensitivity skin disorder known as flea allergy dermatitis (FAD) or flea bite hypersensitivity.
ParaDefense Advanced kills the existing fleas on dogs within 12 hours. Reinfesting fleas are killed within 2 hours with protection against further flea infestation lasting for four weeks. Pre-existing pupae in the environment may continue to emerge for six (6) weeks or longer depending upon the climatic conditions.
Fleas, eggs and larvae in the dog's surroundings are killed following contact with an ParaDefense Advanced treated dog. ParaDefense Advanced provides multi-stage flea control effectively breaking all flea life-cycle stages for quick and lasting control of flea populations.
ParaDefense advanced is waterproof and remains effective following a shampoo treatment or after exposure to rain or sunlight.
Apply monthly treatments for optimal control and prevention of fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, biting flies and lice.
Directions for Use:
- Use only on dogs and puppies 7 weeks of age and older. Do not use on other animals.
- Remove one applicator tube from package.
- Hold applicator tube in an upright position facing away from you and your pet's face and eyes. Pull cap off tube.
- Turn the cap around and place other end of the cap back on the tube.
- Twist cap to break the seal, then remove cap from tube.
- Part the hair on the neck at the base of the skull until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze the tube to expel the entire contents of the tube directly on the skin. Do not get this product in your dog's eyes or mouth. The product is bitter tasting and salivation may occur for a short time if the dog licks the product immediately after treatment. Treatment at the base of the skull will minimize the opportunity for the dog to lick the product.
- Discard empty tube as described in Storage and Disposal.
Under normal conditions the product is effective for a month. However, in cases of severe flea infestation, retreatment may be necessary earlier than four weeks. .
CAUTION: Do not use on cats. Keep cats away from treated dogs for 24 hours. If applied to a cat or ingested by a cat, contact your veterinarian immediately.
Pyriproxyfen (IGR) 0.44%
For Small Dogs 5-10 lbs
For Medium Dogs 11-20 lbs
For Large Dogs 21-55 lbs
For Extra-Large Dogs Over 55 lbs
Packaged 4 tubes per box - a 4 month supply