Frontline Gold For Cats
MERIAL FRONTLINE GOLD for cats and kittens provides your cat with the most complete spot-on flea and tick protection. In addition to killing 98-100% of adult fleas on your cat within 24 hours, FRONTLINE GOLD contains two special ingredients that kills flea eggs and larvae too, and keeps ALL stages of fleas from developing. By effectively stopping the development of new fleas, FRONTLINE GOLD completely breaks the flea life cycle. FRONTLINE GOLD also kills all stages of 4 major ticks including those that may transmit Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever.
For Cats and Kittens 8 weeks or older, and weighing 3 lbs or more
Convenient spot treatment for fast -acting, long-lasting, triple action control of fleas, flea eggs, ticks and chewing lice.
- Stops and prevents infestations
- Kills adult fleas, flea eggs, and flea larvae
- Prevents all flea stages (eggs, larvae, pupae) from developing
- Kills fleas which may cause flea allergy dermatitis
- Kills all stages of deer ticks (which may carry Lyme disease), brown dog ticks, American dog ticks, and lone star ticks
- Prevents and controls reinfestations
- Rapidly eliminates infestations with chewing lice
Frontline Gold for Cats contains fipronil and the insect growth regulator (IGR) (S)-methoprene. Frontline Gold effectively targets all stages of fleas. Fipronil collects in the oils of the skin and hair follicles, and continues to be released from hair follicles onto the skin and coat, resulting in long-lasting activity against fleas, ticks and chewing lice.
- Fipronil . . . 9.8%
- (S)-methoprene . . . 11.8%
- Pyriproxyben . . . 0.25%
- Other Ingredients . . . 78.15%
What is the difference between Frontline Gold and Frontline Plus?
Frontline Gold contains an additional IGR ingredient, pyriproxyfen, which helps to kill flea eggs and larvae more effectively.
Directions For Use
Do not allow children to apply product. To prevent harm to you and your pet, read entire label and directions before each use. Follow all directions and precautionary statements carefully. Use on cats only. Do not use on rabbits, dogs, puppies or other animals. Do not exceed recommended dosage amount for cats. Do not apply more than one tube to cats. Do not reapply Frontline Gold for Cats for 30 days. This product can be used on cats and kittens 8 weeks or older.
- Remove one applicator tube from the package and hold in an upright position pointed away from your face.
- Twist dispensing tip clockwise about 1/2 turn while pushing down to break the tube’s seal. Do not remove the dispensing tip.
- Position the dispensing tip on the cat between the shoulder blades. Use the dispensing tip of the tube to part the cat’s hair so that the product will be applied at skin level. Begin squeezing out the contents of the tube in a single spot on the animal's skin. Separate treated cat from other pets for 24 hours after treatment has been applied.
- Repeat once a month.
Monitor your cat after application. Side effects may include signs of skin irritation such as redness, scratching, or other signs of discomfort, Gastrointestinal signs of vomiting or diarrhea have also been reported.
Frontline Gold for Cats 3 and 6 monthly doses for weights 3 lbs and more